Video examples of parents providing language input to children
with cochlear implants.
Click on images to view video clip.
1. Repeat words and phrases several times.
2. Use gestures and facial expression with speech to get your point across
3. Vary your intonation to make your voice more interesting
4. Talk about what your child is doing. (Parallel Talk)
5. Provide words for your childs wants, feelings, messages.
6. Provide words and phrases for the present situation. (Modeling)
7. Use new words or phrases repeatedly as they are introduced. (Focused Stimulation)